Write That Down
Everything's Funny To Someone.


Tuesday, June 07, 2005  

Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Sha-AAARRGGHHH, MY EYES!!!!

I broke my sunglasses this morning as I was walking to work. I can live with that, but it happened in front of my carpool buddy, so all I could do was just say "whoops" and sheepishly shove the shards back into my pocket.

As I drove into my parking garage, I took them off and slipped them into my jacket pocket so I wouldn't forget them. I left them in the car yesterday and of course needed them.

When I got out of the car and pulled them out of my pocket to put them back on, they were bent in the middle. The seat belt must've gotten to them in the pocket, as they weren't shaped like this on my face.

I gently tried to bend them back to normal, and they split in two.

I don't have good luck with sunglasses. The last pair I had self destructed while I was still wearing them. We had just sat down in a restaurant and before I knew it my shades just jumped off my nose in pieces. I still don't know what happened. My best guess was that I was in the cross-hairs of an amateur sniper.

I never used to have bad sunglass luck. In fact, it all used to be the other way around. I had a pair of cheap $8 John Lennon shades I couldn't get rid of no matter how hard I tried. I left them in a customer's car and they returned. I left them in Oregon and somehow they found their way back to me.

I had them so long I couldn't wear them anymore because they were too scratched. Almost three years ago I was in London, and while walking along the Thames near the Tower of London, I threw them into the river.

"There, find your way back now!" I yelled.

I'll let you know when they return. In the meantime, I gotta go buy new shades.

posted by ben | 12:33 PM |
Comments: Post a Comment
for the fun size mind
stuff
nonsense