Write That Down
Everything's Funny To Someone.


Wednesday, May 11, 2005  

Pan Burns You, Burn The Pan

I burnt my finger last night on the handle of the pan I used to cook chicken with (that's what I get for trying to be healthy). Not a serious burn, nothing that requires medical attention, but a burn nonetheless.

It wasn't very fair. I was done cooking. I had the pan in the sink, I was running cold water on it, and in the process of maneuvering it around that morning's coffee cups and tupperware so it could lay flat and even, I happened to wrap my left index finger around an inch of steel between the handle and the pan itself.

Thing is, I didn't even know that that was there. The safe handle part of the pan doesn't begin until an inch in. What kind of design is this? When I felt my finger begin to fry (or sautee, as the case may be), I pulled back my arm quickly and yelped in surprise, then stuck my finger under the cold tap (and later wrapped it around a cold beer).

It doesn't hurt, and it's not blistering. It's hardly even red, but it feels different from the other fingers. It definitely has a "cooked flesh" texture to it, which is weird.

Feels like chicken.

posted by ben | 8:01 AM |
Comments: Post a Comment
for the fun size mind
stuff
nonsense